Tuesday, May 10, 2005

cerro san luis seen from bishop peak

today was a weird day

How's that for a creative title?

Today started out great. I had a meeting with Richard B. of slopages. We know each other from blogs and flickr. And today we talked about doing some business together. And, sure that part of the conversation was good. But truthfully, it was a pleasure to meet him. What a great guy. He has the friendliest eyes of anyone you've ever met. And I mean that literally.

THEN -- then! -- I get a call from an exboyfriend from high school -- HIGH SCHOOL. And it was great and we talked pretty easily -- funny how an ease can pick up even if you haven't seen each other more than a decade. (Okay, even longer than that. I haven't seen him since I was 19 or 20; I'm pretty sure 19.)

Can I just say, man I had it bad for him when I was 17 (Matt H., for anyone reading this from the high school crew). Sigh. How funny to think back on those long past times. Sometimes it feels like the past is so far behind me that it happened to someone else. He had devilish eyes. I wonder what they look like now.

Oh -- the reason he called though. This is weird.

First let me back up. Friday night I was pimping Flickr as I am wont to do. And someone is giving me their email address so I can send an invite. But he's giving me the address verbally and unsure if I'll remember it. But I say, yes, I will totally remember this because you have the same last name as this exbf from high school.

And I hadn't mentioned Matt H. in a long time, so it was random for me to mention him on Friday.

Anyway, I'm driving away from my meeting with Richard this morning and MH just happens to be on the sidewalk and sees me. I can only imagine that he did a double take -- a wha-?! And then he looked up my number and called me.

He said, "do you have a silver car blah blah blah" and I said, "yes indeed I do."

Funny how coincidences work and serendipities line up.

--

Then the spider thing happened. And that is still creeping me out a little bit. And then something else happened which was weird and I shouldn't even mention it here cuz I'm not going to go into details, but suffice it to say I was upset. Maybe a little more than upset. Livid might be a good word to use.

---

But things ended great cuz I went on an evening hike with Tom that ended with delicious dinner and a splitting of a great bottle of Spanish red. And meaty meaty talks of this, of that, of buddhism and of what not.

I'm always up for talking about the what not.

No comments: