Monday, May 30, 2005

waiting for godot



Originally uploaded by emdot.
My good friend Greg sent me an email a couple days ago recommending a flickr group: waiting for godot. He said my empty chair pic might be a good fit.

And I thought to myself, which empty chair pic? Because I have many.

And I started to think about it and I realized: that is the theme of my photos. Waiting.

Waiting is a state I know well. My life is a state of waiting. And arrested development, but that is for another blogpost. And it's not so applicable anymore. But waiting? Waiting I know.

I wait to a fault.

I am the most patient waiter you have ever met in your life.

Hurry up? Urgency? Rushing? These, not so much. But waiting? It's like my signature.

And it's interesting to see that reflected in my photos as well.

Black Chairs day in the life: chapin on the stairs Walls and hallways wall glow

Curvy hall first available open door policy windows, doors and handles

yucca in the sky (with diamonds) rainboots lights and arch chairs

No comments: