Thursday, May 26, 2005

Conform Project :: nonconform

You can always tell when there are things in my life that I don't want to blog cuz what ends up happening is that I don't blog at all. It's as if holding back in one area causes me to hold back in all of them.

Not necessarily true. Sometimes I just get quiet. But right now it's because I don't want to mouth off or tip my hand or hurt anybody's feelings.

But the problem with self-editing is that it can take on its on oppressive momentum.

So... in no particular order (and still avoiding some topics)....

* I can no longer spell. It started happening about a year ago. I remember thinking "next door neighbor" and my fingers typed out "neck store neighbor." This is not a good sign. I got an email from somebody in Flickr that I don't even know (not a contact, not someone I see in groups) who felt the need to correct one of my typos in the forum (I can't remember if I should have written whose and I wrote who's or if it was the other way around.). Of course, I could really care less about mistakes like that... as long as they are once in a while. But this daily stuff? [ deep breath ]. I think for the first time in my life I have to work on my spelling.

So, in honor of my weakening brain, I offer up an interesting article found through boingboing.net, Eleven Steps to a Better Brain.

* Here is the really embarrassing stuff I don't want to write about. Last night I watched the season finale of American Idol. The results were not good. Lemme preface by saying I do not typically watch American Idol and I do not typically listen to the type of music that AI promotes (pop pap -- blech.). BUT. But. There was a chance that AI could actually gain some credibility and have a rocker win. And a hot rocker at that. Plus, I hate Carrie Underwood. She has the personality of plaster of paris. No, she has the personality of drywall.

Now, I didn't want to write about it because somebody near and dear to me does watch AI with great interest. And this same person really loves Carrie Underwood. And I don't want this person to think that I am dissing CU. But... man. Basically — No. I better stop.

If you can't say something nice....

So instead let me say, it's too bad that AI didn't get the chance to have someone more interesting win. Someone who could have changed the cliche that AI is. Not that he would have been a big stretch, but at least it would have pointed things in the right direction.

No comments: