Tuesday, October 05, 2004

evangelista

I'm nothing if not an evangelist. In other words, if I love it, I'm going to believe in the universal-awesome-ness of it and I will tell you about it. And I might tell you about it two or three times. Unless you are my nextdoor neighbor. In that case I might tell you nine or ten times. I can't help it: it's just who I am. The very enthusiastic girl who wants to share the Most Awesome Thing In The World. Whatever that happens to be when we run into each other.

Current Evangelism
» iPods
» Flickr
» Copa de Oro
» Dragon Pheonix Pearl Green Tea
» Banana Waffles
» The Apprentice Over it.
» TWoP
» Information Architecture
» Gmail
» Los Osos/Baywood Park
» Fresh Air
» NPR
» This American Life
» Brett Dennen

I'm nothing if not phonaphobic. Please don't take it personally if I'm slow on the Return Call or if I sidestep being the person to set up a dinner with a group of friends. I'm also pretty tough to pin down on any kind of planning... like commit to coffee?... ummm.... ahhhh... can we play it by ear? Jeez, why is it, do you think, I am still single? I can't even commit TO COFFEE.

Jan and I were driving out to Montana de Oro this morning. She's only here for a few more days and we both realized, silently at the same time while motoring out to MdO, that there should be a Jim-and-Ana dinner before she leaves.

Jan: Do you want to call them or do you want me to call them?
Mar: You should call them. I'm phone-unreliable.
Jan: Heh.
Mar: Hey, at least I admit to it right up front.
Jan: But you are fun-reliable.
Mar: This I am. I am very fun-reliable. And pun-reliable.

I was reading some new-agey crap (ha) last night that sent an arrow straight into my heart. About how we are each right exactly where we are supposed to be. I don't care if it sounds airy-fairy -- I think this is spot on. Also it said "imagine if everyone did what was true in their heart for one day... In one day the entire world would change." I'm paraphrasing. I said something like this last week and man... seriously... I think this is right.

I think we are put on this earth to do what we love. What do you love? Do that. Today. Even if only for five or fifteen minutes.

No comments: