Monday, October 18, 2004

sharing the

I ♥ Jon Stewart.
He's smart. He doesn't take himself too seriously. He's funny. And he'll call you on your shit. Now thass my kinda guy. Anyway, you probably already saw it, but if you didn't (and really, I'm telling you, you should), I'm givng you a link to last Friday's CNN Smackdown.
» 15 minutes of uncomfortable can't believe yer eyes
» get the bit torrent app
» what's the latest

I ♥ Howard Dean
Maybe its best that Dean lost the primary. By not being president, Dean can be more truthful (god that was a sad statement I just wrote) and perhaps enable more change and fire up more people.
» the fresh air interview

This morning? Man. My mood was so foul I didn't even want to hang out with me. Blech. Somewhere around 3ish I realized I should probably eat something, so I had lunch with KB & Bret and afterwards, to help cheer me up KB and I went to the movies. :) Oh, yes, it was a sappy cornfest, and I'm not going to tell you which one, but I will say this: coulda been better / coulda been worse.

Tonight it was Tortilla Soup night. Delish. Jan's back in town, but only temporarily. While my fingers have given their best effort -- staying crossed whilst I hoped and hoped that our fine friend would not only stay stateside but slo-side -- there is no fighting the inevitable. And so, Janski will be heading out once again in December. Hello, Burma? You'd better be getting your act together, cuz JS's is coming to town. (meanwhile, soup = yum and afterwards was impromptu Dan concoction of banana bread + buttered-sugared-heated-bananas + chocolate. mmmmm).

Yesterday was Shaun of the Dead. My very first Zombie movie. It's pretty safe to safe to say that it'll be my last, too, unless there is Shaun of the Dead II. Strictly farce-y, strictly silly, it was worth full price and I laughed and laughed. I got most of it, but c'mon, that Brit humor flies fast, so I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

BUT BUT BUT (and no offense to any of you fine european friends far and wide) there was the LAMEST ad before the movie and ohmigod it was straight out of Mentos-land and was so weird and just a bit off, that both me and Tom kinda scratched our heads and exchanged glances when it was over (which was not soon enough -- but then it is so awful I kinda want to watch it again and again) and I whispered the only explanation I could think of, "Europe." All that said and I'm not quite sure what the add was for... online radio? Phone/Camera/Radio? I don't know. (Tho recently saw hilarious car ad from Sweden involving car and decapitated cat which sounds awful but was good for the incredulous chuckle.).

No comments: