Thursday, October 14, 2004

What's Worse?

A.) being too earnest in a blog or B.) being too earnest in an email? ENOUGH WITH THE EARNESTNESS, EMDOT. I can't help it. But the deal is... I'm done with covering myself up with the Reflective Sarcasm Jacket and matching Protective Sidestep-with-Wit helmet. Yet, truthfully, it makes me a little uncomfortable, all this, well, um, earnestness.

But just when I was once again internally grimacing over yet another too earnest email, I got a little phone call from a good friend who didn't even say hello, just began the conversation chanting "I love you I love you" until I was overcome with giggles.

And while that was just the magic elixir I needed, I wish I was one of those people who could just say what I wanted to say and not care what anyone else thought about it. Next lifetime. In the meantime, I'm calling a ban on earnestness for the next 72 48 24 hours.

No comments: