Sunday, February 20, 2005

The Crackers


The Crackers
Originally uploaded by snailbooty.
Behind the Orange Curtain

So I'm staying a little while longer in Orange County. Big storm moved in and yesterday two water spouts touched shore -- one on the border on Huntington and Newport and another in Long Beach. Houses are sliding down hillsides, roadways are falling into sink holes, cars are smashing into one another and last night the cable went out. So obviously it is a sign of Armeggedon. (I'm a very bad lapsed Xn as I can't remember how to spell armeggedon).

Sidenote and speekina... What would you call a baking powder kept in hotel bedside tables? Arm and Gideon.

Okay. Reaching? It made me chuckle.

So, I decided to stay another day or two. There are flash flood warnings until Tuesday and the last thing I'd want to happen would be to get stuck in a long line of cars on the 101 cuz La Conchita decided to spread itself over the highway.

the this and the that

Flickrverse. I spend way too much time on Flickr. In case you didn't notice. Poor little blog gets neglected as I go and pal around with my new Flickr friends.

Movies. In the last week I saw Million Dollar Baby, Schultze Gets the Blues and Hotel Rwanda. Lots to say about Hotel Rwanda, but I'll let my thoughts settle first.

Books. Today I got Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell, inspired to do so by a photo on txkimmer's flickrstream. It sounded cool, what she described. But then my number one book recommenderer inoneear chimed in that Mitchell is one of his favorite authors. So a trip was made to the bookstore. On the non-fiction side last week I read Guy Kawasaki's The Art of the Start and it got me all fired up. I have a great business idea in the works... perhaps more on that later.

No comments: