Tuesday, February 22, 2005

quick reminder: there is always yin to a yang

Okay, so that last post was me focusing on the bad. But you wanna hear the flip side to all of it?

So, I get up and inevitably I turn on my computer to drink coffee and see what is up with the flickr folk. This has become a terrible habit. I used to read the LA Times with my coffee. ;)

And ... I answer email. And I go to Flickr. And I read the disconcerting joke-not a joke-hey its a DOUBLE joke isn't it NOT hilarious?? thread and my stomach sinks. And I feel confused for about 30 minutes. I feel ... like the wind is knocked out of me, actually. And then a funny thing happens.

I get an email from another flickr friend who, across the continent, has been watching the whole thing unfold as well and he writes me asking me about my thoughts on this. And then he gives me his phone number and we talk for about 40 minutes. And by the end of the conversation I'm feeling a lot better. A lot lighter. And I quickly realize, just because one person cuts the strings of trust does not mean that all strings of trust are broken.

and one more thing

In all my time being an internet person -- this is the first time something like this happened. And you know, that says a lot.

No comments: