Tuesday, August 10, 2004

ventura highway

Yesterday I drove home, zipping up the 405 to the 101. I left without breakfast and I don't know what I was thinking. I guess that I wasn't hungry. But around Thousand Oaks hunger pains hit and my head was getting fuzzy and all I know was that I. Needed. To. Eat. Now. (I mean Then.). So I stopped in TO, but the place was a mad house (it was about 12:15). And so I thought I would just stop off a bit further up the road and then somehow I didn't get off the freeway til I hit Ventura.

I never stop in Ventura. I mean, not a real stop. I'll stop for gas. I'll make a pit stop. But it's never like a get-out- of-the- car and-really -rest stop. Til yesterday.

Ventura is awesome. I got a great cup of coffee. I got a little sandwich. I relaxed in the sun. Driving back to the freeway I totally passed this park that I had been in years and years before and so I stopped and just soaked in the sun and wrote in my journal. Great way to break up a long drive.

My friend Steve M. made me a MMW starter kit a coupla years ago (wait. last year?). MMW's been a little tough for me to take and he said, no, no, I'll show you. So he went to work on a mix CD ... like kindergartening me up the MMW foodchain. So MMW and then Gillian Welch (gah over My First Lover and Elvis Presley Blues — love those songs) sang be back home.

No comments: